cardsharp : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
- When Bret Maverick (James Garner) rides into town in search of buried gold, Deputy Diefendorfer has no trouble spotting him for the cardsharp he really is.
- So last year, while George was on location with the film in Colorado, the studio recruited a professional cardsharp from Las Vegas to teach him how to cut the deck, and some .
- At a party after the opening night in Atlantic City, the brother of the Montreal derelict would have recognized in the cardsharp the villain responsible for his sister's .
News & Articles
- A Misguided Attack on Evidence-Based Investing
A recent MarketWatch article by Brett Arends caught my attention. The premise of the article was that a balanced portfolio consisting of 60 percent stocks and 40 percent bonds was the equivalent of handing "your grandmother's retirement savings over to a cardsharp in the hope that he might gamble with them on a riverboat casino." Pretty scary stuff.
June 20, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News