- n medical instrument that records electric currents associated with contractions of the heart
- n a medical instrument that measures the mechanical force of cardiac contractions and the amount of blood passing through the heart during a specified period by measuring the recoil of the body as blood is pumped from the ventricles
- Without another word, she shoves the telephone mouthpiece into the receptacle of a Bell Dataphone attached to the cardiograph.
- Gasping with pain, Professor Blair insisted on having his heart action recorded on a cardiograph before he would take narcotics.
- Amidships, a cardiograph expert crouched over his instrument and worked desperately with the controls.