- n rhizomatous herb of India having aromatic seeds used as seasoning
- n aromatic seeds used as seasoning like cinnamon and cloves especially in pickles and barbecue sauces
- Add cardamom paste and ground pepper, and fry on low heat for 2-3 min 3.
- A postprandial cardamom coffee should give you the energy for a tour of Azem Palace, the biggest Ottoman house in the Old City.
- The thick mutton stew served with cardamom-scented brown rice is extremely heavy and lulls its eaters into a siesta afterwards.
News & Articles
- Cardamom spices up Ann Arbor
Buzz is building about Ann Arbor’s newest Indian restaurant. Named after the popular Indian spice, Cardamom, which opened in April, is already making a name for itself with an affordably priced menu that offers a fusion of modern and traditional dishes from all over the subcontinent. In other words, this is more than just chicken tikka — although chicken tikka there is, a boneless breast ...
June 25, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Padma Lakshmi in Wall Street Journal Blogs (blog)
It's inspired by things like seeds and pods, like cardamom, lentils and cloves,Ms. Lakshmi said.
- Than Shwe in The Age
When they came, they cut down and burnt our betel nut plantation, our cardamom garden, our coffee bushes,said Shwe Mya. "They forced us to move to a new camp near the army base. We were forced to work: to dig trenches, build fences, carry...
- Jairam Ramesh in Hindu
India produces 12,000 tonnes of cardamom per year. But, we export only six per cent of it. We should produce more and capture the world market. Then only we will be able to determine the cardamom prices,Ramesh said.