- n a unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg
- n the unit of measurement for the proportion of gold in an alloy; 18-karat gold is 75% gold; 24-karat gold is pure gold
- The biggest sale so far: a brooch containing an 84-carat, square-shaped Tanzanite surrounded by diamonds.
- Kyoko never goes out without her 24-carat diamond ring; Mika has her G-cup bras custom-made (they won't confirm or deny plastic surgery).
- I realized there were questions I should have been asking about that diamond beyond the carat size and the price.
News & Articles
- $23,000 Ring Sold For $5, Oops!
A woman has been reunited with her 3-carat, $23,000 dollar engagement ring after her bungling husband accidentally sold it at a garage sale. Before Racquel Cloutier headed to the hospital to give birth, she stashed her expensive ring in a …
June 17, 2013 - Nightcap TV
- Photos: Gold Shoes Can Be Yours
Italian designer Alberto Moretti announced the launch of exclusive 24 carat gold shoes. The shoes are made from velvet and covered in gold. The shoes, pumps for women and loafers for men, cost £1,700 or about $2,664. They were presented for the first time during the Monte Carlo Grand Prix on May 25, 2013. Alberto Moretti's gold pump and loafer are exclusively distributed through department ...
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Precure Singer Aya Ikeda to Perform at Anime Expo
CARAT will also appear at Los Angeles event at free concert on July 4
June 13, 2013 - Anime News Network
- Gene Watson in Washington Post
When we say we were smoldering hot in Nashville, we really mean it,cracked Watson, whose other hits include "Fourteen Carat Mind" and "Paper Rosie."
- Jesse Owens in The Australian
You could melt down all the medals and cups I have and they wouldn't match the 24-carat friendship I felt for Luz Long at that moment,Owens recalled.