- n a petitioner who solicits contributions or trade or votes
- n someone who examines votes at an election
- n someone who conducts surveys of public opinion
- n a person who takes or counts votes
- After the jump, notes from the blue mass state, from an Obama canvasser and an Obama leaner.
- One canvasser approached a white woman who was washing her baby girl, and said: "If Smuts wins, your baby will have to marry a black man.
- Many TV viewers felt like the Detroit housewife who told a telephone canvasser: "I was just saying to myself, 'Who is this Schine guy?'"; but the drama of men struggling through .
News & Articles
- Milpitas native smiles through her pain
Twenty-nine-year old Milpitas native Jennifer (Wardley) Canvasser continues transforming her bereavement following the death of 11-month-old son Micah into the power to help others struggling with similar grief.
Aug. 8, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Clarence Williams in Washington Post (blog)
File this one under "when it rains, it pours": "A canvasser for the campaign of DC Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) was fired after being arrested Friday in connection with an alleged attempt to sell crack to an undercover police officer in Northwest,"...
- Stephane Dion in National Post
Mugliett intervened get Galea [ADT official guilty of corruption] of the hook because Galea is his canvasser. Everyone knows the political system in Malta. He intervened blatantly with the transport authority to stand in for someone guilty of... Alfred Sant http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Sant&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHAAla9Lr7X4ZfUEYsy6WBNpB1q0w maltaStar.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp%3Fan%3D13619&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGoINIzahQ975j3Dz6dnIUMEMEqQg Jul 18, 2007
14861 20271 canvassing Mr. Dion told how he learned while he was making up his mind that it became very clear that in the door-to-door in canvassing, my colleagues, my friends [were] told, 'We don't like your leader.'