canopy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the transparent covering of an aircraft cockpit
- n the umbrellalike part of a parachute that fills with air
- n a covering (usually of cloth) that serves as a roof to shelter an area from the weather
- v cover with a canopy
- When the college eventually reaches the final decision, each cardinal lowers a purple canopy over his chair, leaving the elected Pope's .
- Successful deployment of the canopy would not immediately solve all of Skylab's problems.
- A high canopy prevents sunlight and heat from ever reaching the ground; by contrast, unshaded asphalt soaks up thermal energy and radiates it back, creating what is known as heat .
News & Articles
- Saturday: Canopy Climbers, Slaid Cleaves and more
Arkansas natives Canopy Climbers perform at an album release show for their album "Miles." Openers are Midwest Caravan, Knox Hamilton and Futuro Boots , all-ages, Revolution, 9 p.m., $6. Or maybe some ska/punk from down under is more what you're in the market for. In that case, check out The Resignators at the 8-Bit Taproom (it's below the Professor Bowl), all-ages, 10 p.m., $5. Up in ...
June 21, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Court Dismisses Lawsuit Against Triple Canopy
RESTON, Va., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Triple Canopy, Inc., a global provider of mission support, security and training services, said today that the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Canopy Work To Begin At Glenbrook Train Station In Stamford
STAMFORD, Conn. -- Canopy work will begin Monday at the Glenbrook train station in Stamford, which will cut into parking at the station, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced on its website. The construction work will begin Monday, June 17, and continue ...
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Stamford
- Lula da Silva in Reuters
I don't want gringos asking us to leave Amazon people to die of hunger under the canopy of a tree,Lula said in the Amazon city Manaus in November.
- Ralph Goodale in 570 News
I think Canadians have every right to be wary about where they intend to go,said Ralph Goodale, the Liberal House leader. "This is one of those little cases where the canopy, the tent, the veil has been lifted just a little bit and...