- n (Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Church) the act of admitting a deceased person into the canon of saints
News & Articles
- Popes John Paul II, John XXIII to be made saints
Late popes John Paul II and John XXIII will be made saints of the Roman Catholic Church, the Vatican said on Friday in a widely-awaited announcement, without specifying when the canonisations will occur.
July 5, 2013 - Fox News
- Vatican miracle judges 'approve John Paul II for sainthood'
The Vatican congregation in charge of examining candidates for sainthoods has recognised a second miracle by John Paul II, leaving just a papal signature necessary to authorise the former pope's canonisation, Italian news agency ANSA reported Tuesday.
July 2, 2013 - Fox News
- Pope Benedict XVI in EiTB
I would like to say that, like our dear archbishop Cardinal Stanislaw, I hope that Divine Providence will soon grant us the beatification and canonisation of our dear pope, John Paul II,Benedict said in Italian.
- St Joseph in Melbourne Herald Sun
Sister Monica Cavanagh of the Sisters of St Joseph, who is the Mary MacKillop consultant to World Youth Day, told NEWS.com.au that a fellow nun who was escorting the Pope from the chapel was told by the pontiff: "The canonisation will happen."
- Carmel Tebbutt in Cumberland Courier Newspapers
The canonisation of Mary MacKillop will be a significant milestone for the Australian Catholic community,Health Minister Carmel Tebbutt said.