- n small and light boat; pointed at both ends; propelled with a paddle
- v travel by canoe
canoe along the canal
- Left: John Darwin, 57, the back-from-the-dead canoeist, leaves the Magistrate's Court in Hartlepool, England.
- France's President Nicolas Sarkozy paddles a canoe with his son Louis on Lake Winnipesaukee.
- It was then November, so Nabetari had been at sea in his canoe for seven months without seeing land.
News & Articles
- Coroner: Dennis Murphy dies after canoe capsizes on Delaware River in Upper Mount Bethel
A man died after his canoe capsized on the Delaware River in Northampton County, the coroner said Thursday. The accident happened Wednesday afternoon in Upper Mount Bethel Township. A family of four was on a canoe outing when the canoe capsized, the coroner said. Dennis Murphy, who was visiting from Illinois, had to be pulled out of the water. Murphy, 70, later died at the hospital, said the ...
June 13, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- The AuSable River Canoe Marathon Pledge Relay returns to raise funds
The AuSable River Canoe Marathon Committee has decided to revive a tradition and bring back a popular fund-raising event from the early 1990s. The AuSable River Canoe Marathon Pledge Relay will be held on Saturday, June 29.
June 13, 2013 - Crawford County Avalanche
- Canoe series starts this weekend in the gorge
June kicks off the first of a three-part event at the Nantahala Outdoor Center, near Bryson City, called the Canoe Club Challenge. The first competition will be held at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 15, in the Nantahala Gorge.
June 12, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- David Cameron in International Herald Tribune
I know you want us to think that like the man in the canoe, you haven't been around for the last five years,David Cameron said, drawing raucous laughter from the backbenches.
- Adam van Koeverden in Ottawa Citizen
Canoe-kayak has its roots in Canada and you can even say Canada has its roots in canoe-kayak,van Koeverden said. "This probably wouldn't be a country if they didn't have a canoe to get around (in)."
- Barry Maister in Stuff.co.nz
Luuka's selection is exciting. Canoe/kayak slalom is a thrilling sport and she's a trailblazer for us. She's a strong long-term prospect,NZOC selector Barry Maister said.