candor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n ability to make judgments free from discrimination or dishonesty
- n the quality of being honest and straightforward in attitude and speech
- With disarming candor he accepted his mistake and promised to make amends.
- The autobiography would have been more enlightening had Granger displayed more candor about his stormy marriage.
- There should definitely be more candor in ads that show case products for children.
News & Articles
- McCoy and Chargers fitting well together
SAN DIEGO -- Some notes from the Chargers’ minicamp Tuesday: New coach Mike McCoy seems to have the trust of his players. It appears the group, which has been coached by Norv Turner since 2007, has totally bought into McCoy and there is a strong chemistry building between the players and the coaching staff. McCoy may never win any awards for his media candor, but his players have been struck by ...
June 12, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Sweet strawberry season approaching
Candor, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Strawberry season is near, but you'll have to act fast to get the pick of the local crop, farmer say. he only season lasts about two to three weeks.
June 10, 2013 - WBNG Binghamton
- WestViews: The opportunity Duane Nellis squandered
Idaho needed candor from Duane Nellis as he departed the University of Idaho presidency on his way to Texas Tech in Lubbock.
June 10, 2013 - The Idaho Statesman
- Arlen Specter in New York Times
In a moment of candor, her advisers actually admitted that it wouldn't have much of an effect on gas prices. But, they said, it'sa great political issue for Senator Clinton. So this is not about getting you through the summer, it's about getting... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA CBS News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/05/03/politics/fromtheroad/entry4068874.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfrWnbYI81qdwVXJAPIY3KolN7LQ May 3, 2008
14700 20059 candor They owe the public a lot more candor and a lot more credibility," Mr. Specter said.
- President Bush in Los Angeles Times
Candor is the most effective -- is most effective where nations have built a relationship of respect and trust. I've worked hard to build that respect and trust,Bush concluded, adding a softening nod of thanks to his Chinese counterparts....