- n any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream
- n (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer
- n a small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere; between Leo and Gemini
- n the fourth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about June 21 to July 22
- n type genus of the family Cancridae
- A scanning electron microscopic image of invading cancer cells and their characteristic spikes or pseudopodia.
- Author Lori Hope, who has been on both sides of the bed as both cancer patient and caregiver, offers her advice on what to say and what not to say.
- In preliminary trials, a potential new drug for advanced prostate cancer has shrunk tumors in the lab and reduced signs of the disease in patients with resistant disease.
News & Articles
- Cancer killed Calif. serial killer Richard Ramirez
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A form of cancer killed the serial killer known as the Night Stalker who terrorized Southern California in the mid-1980s, coroner's officials said Monday.
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center Urges US Navy Veterans Diagnosed With Mesothelioma Or Lung Cancer to Call Them ...
The Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center is urging US Navy Veterans diagnosed with mesotheloma, or any type of lung cancer to call them about what could be substantial financial compensation, if they were exposed to asbestos while serving in the US Navy. For more information US Navy Veterans, who are now diagnosed victims of mesothelioma, victims of lung cancer, or their family members are ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Cancer Killed ‘Night Stalker’ Richard Ramirez
A form of cancer killed the serial killer known as the Night Stalker who terrorized Southern California in the mid-1980s, coroner's officials said Monday.
June 17, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Lance Armstrong in AFP
I am happy to announce that after talking with my children, my family and my closest friends, I have decided to return to professional cycling in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden,Armstrong said in a statement, while in an...
- President Bush in Malaysia Sun
All of us here at the White House will miss Tony, as will the millions of Americans he inspired with his brave struggle against cancer,Bush said.
- Chris Dodd in Voice of America
I lost a beloved sister in July and, in August, [Senator] Ted Kennedy,said Christopher Dodd. "I battled cancer over the summer, and in the midst of all of this, found myself in the toughest political shape of my career."