- n fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
- Military camo went mainstream after a hunting enthusiast named Jim Crumley used a Magic Marker to draw vertical tree-trunk lines on a few pairs of tie-dyed coats and pants in the .
- The artists created a Statue of Liberty Vader, a Full Metal Vader with camo theme, a hip-hop Vader with a jewel encrusted grill and a black fleece Vader with an exposed pink fleece .
- But outcry over American involvement in Vietnam dampened enthusiasm for a camo-clad action figure, so Hasbro gave Joe an honorable discharge.
News & Articles
- SECNAV: We have too many camo uniforms
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus told reporters on Thursday that he supports the push to reduce the services' number of camouflage uniforms.
June 13, 2013 - Navy Times
- Vans Releases Summer 2013 Madero 'Tiger Camo'
The Madero 'Tiger Camo' was added to Vans Classic's Summer 2013 line-up. The black and green pattern is added to a canvas upper, and finished off with a white vulcanized gum rubber waffle sole.
June 12, 2013 - Baller Status
- Vans Unveils California Collection Camo Suiting Pack
Vans announced this week yet another upcoming pack, released as part of their California Collection: the Camo Suiting Pack.
June 10, 2013 - Baller Status
- Jamie Walker in MLB.com
Every day they should do that I think,said Orioles reliever Jamie Walker, whose father is a World War II vet. "I think instead of black-shirt Fridays, we should have camo Fridays here in Baltimore in honor, because we are at war."
- President Bush in Boston Globe (registration)
He can run, he can even run in camo [camouflage], but he cannot hide,Bush said, referring to Kerry's well-publicized goose-hunting trip earlier in the day.
- Kasey Kahne in Dallas Morning News
I've never had an Armed Forces car or anything like that, so to do a red camo car in two big races is exciting,Kahne said. "And to unveil it at Fort Hood meant a lot because of what happened there last November. Just to see what those men...