- n a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- n unit of heat defined as the quantity of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree centigrade at atmospheric pressure
- New research suggests that consuming low-calorie food and drink may actually increase your tendency to overeat.
- Swiss chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has stumbled on what it's calling the first melt-resistant, low-calorie chocolate.
- Harvard professor and nutrition guru Walter Willett says a calorie is a calorie and a diet that cuts either should work equally well.
News & Articles
- Images: Calorie counts of Starbucks drinks
Prepare for a jolt: Starbucks has announced it's adding calorie counts to its menu boards starting next week. Here's a look at just how many calories are in some of your favorite Starbucks drinks. Calorie counts are for Grande sizes and include whipped cream, when available, and 2 percent milk, which is now the Starbucks standard.
June 20, 2013 - WDSU New Orleans
- Calorie counts of Starbucks drinks
Starbucks is posting calorie counts to its menu starting next week. Find out how "bad" your favorite drink is.
June 19, 2013 - Local 10 Miami
- Calorie Info Now on Starbucks Menu
Starbucks hit a new 52-week high on announcement of its decision to post calorie counts on its menus across all its U.S. stores, starting next week.
June 19, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance