calcutta : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the largest city in India and one of the largest cities in the world; located in eastern India; suffers from poverty and overcrowding
News & Articles
- Calcutta of the West
My old friend, Horace, claims to be a visionary. For Ventura, he envisions it becoming a sister city with Calcutta, India, and becoming known as Calcutta of the West.
June 20, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Gas main replacements to start mid July
CALCUTTA - Columbia Gas has informed St. Clair Township trustees that the gas main replacement project in Glenmoor is scheduled to begin sometime in mid July and not July 1 as was previously anticipated.
June 20, 2013 - The East Liverpool Review
- Weather balloon believed to be sign from God
CALCUTTA—Penny Schmidbauer believes her discovery of a weather balloon on Sunday evening was so unusual it qualifies as a sign from God.
June 18, 2013 - The East Liverpool Review
- Philippe Saint-Andre in BBC News
Rory has been playing well since he returned from his facial injury he sustained in the Calcutta Cup game last season,Saint-Andre added.
- Ratan Tata in Little About (blog)
Tata said "It is for the people of Calcutta and (WB) West Bengal to decide whether we are unwanted, or to accept us as good corporate citizen. If we are unwanted here, then we would have to make a move"