- n a hard lump produced by the concretion of mineral salts; found in hollow organs or ducts of the body
- n an incrustation that forms on the teeth and gums
- n the branch of mathematics that is concerned with limits and with the differentiation and integration of functions
- South Korea's Kim Ung-Yong, a 14-year-old prodigy who was speaking four languages and solving integral calculus problems at age four, is said to tip the mental scales at 210 .
- Before I was fifteen I had mastered differential and integral calculus.
- The calculus behind this interest isn't complicated.
News & Articles
- US military aid to Syria rebels: Why Obama is starting with the minimum
President Obama’s decision to send arms to Syria’s rebels is likely to start with the minimum necessary to make good on his pledge to “change the calculus” if Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad were to resort to using his formidable chemical weapons stocks in the country’s civil war.
June 14, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Pryor leaning toward support of immigration reform bill
Sen. Mark Pryor is still being relatively cagey, natch, but he told the Wall Street Journal that his "inclination is to vote for the [immigration reform] legislation." In the last week, a poll sponsored by an anti-immigration group* showed opposition to the bill in the state, while a poll sponsored by a group in favor of the bill found support . There's probably more to the political calculus ...
June 14, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Syria Has Used Chemical Arms on Rebels, U.S. and Allies Find
A statement released by a spokesman for President Obama, who had declared the use of chemical weapons a “red line,” said the finding that they had been used multiple times has changed the president’s calculus.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- George Karl in Forbes
Obviously, if you land the punch it's 14 games,Karl said Monday. "Throwing one is one (game) and hitting (someone) is 14. That's the equation I read. I'm just a simple guy. I couldn't pass calculus."
- Dirk Kempthorne in FOXNews
For years, the cost of extracting oil from shale exceeded the benefit, but today that calculus is changing,Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne told reporters Tuesday. "This makes oil shale a highly promising resource."