- n a white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light; the fifth most abundant element in the earth's crust; an important component of most plants and animals
- Any woman who has been faithfully swallowing her daily calcium supplements in hopes of staving off osteoporosis and colorectal cancer can be forgiven for being confused by news .
- Robert Barefoot's theories about the powers of coral calcium don't hold up.
- The ubiquitous "Got Milk?" ads remind us that we need calcium for strong bones and teeth from the time we are toddlers through our senior years.
- Gordon Ramsay in Telegraph.co.uk
Ramsay said: "There is a lot of love for milk in this country, but people often assume that it's only good for kids who need a bit of calcium. The truth is that milk, especially low-fat milk, is fantastically good for you."
- Bryant McFadden in Washington Observer Reporter
Dealing with a bone issue, there's nothing I can do, really, to make a bone heal any faster,McFadden said. "I just have to be patient and drink as much milk as I can and take calcium pills."
- Gary Schwartz in National Post
If serum calcium really does increase your risk for fatal prostate cancer, that's wonderfully exciting because serum calcium levels can be changed,Gary Schwartz of Wake Forest University School of Medicine, who helped lead the study, said in...