- n a common mineral consisting of crystallized calcium carbonate; a major constituent of limestone
- The cementer bug feeds on urea and deposits calcite, which cements the soil together and turns shifting sand into sandstone.
- This process exposes emerald-bearing white calcite veins.
- He remarked the presence of much gypsum and calcite in the region, two minerals soluble in water.
News & Articles
- Calcite documentary wins an Emmy
DETROIT - A documentary about Calcite Quarry in Rogers City took home an Emmy Saturday, scoring on one of two nominations for the film.
June 18, 2013 - The Alpena News