- n a strutting dance based on a march; was performed in minstrel shows; originated as a competition among Black dancers to win a cake
- n an easy accomplishment
winning the tournament was a cakewalk for him
invading Iraq won't be a cakewalk
- v perform the cakewalk dance
- Ricks gets his most damning recollections from the military officers whose warnings that Iraq would be no cakewalk were brushed aside by civilian bosses.
- But a potential cakewalk makes for dull punditry, and politicos are abuzz over the last hurdle Obama must clear in his path to the presidency: a phenomenon known as the "Bradley .
- Combining digital-age technology with old-fashioned shoe leather, the Illinois Senator first rallied Iowa students to cancel Clinton's cakewalk.
News & Articles
- What do the Cardinals do when rain threatens a delay?
The St. Louis Cardinals host the Chicago Cubs for the first time at this season , and although these two clubs may be separated by 15 games in the standings Cardinal fans should not expect a cakewalk in this four game set.
June 17, 2013 - KSDK St. Louis
- ‘Man of Steel’ Shoulders Quest to Lift DC to Marvel Level
In Warner Bros .’ “Man of Steel,” Superman tries to save the world from powerful villains. His real-life task is no cakewalk either: Turn the studio’s DC Comics into a hit factory like Walt Disney Co. (DIS) ’s Marvel.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Attention, Capital-Hungry Entrepreneurs: New UNH Research Can Help 'Show You the Money'
To continue building their companies, growth entrepreneurs depend on short-term, liquid sources of debt financing such as bank loans, even though winning a thumbs-up from bankers is no cakewalk. Yet University of New Hampshire researchers have shed new light on how entrepreneurs can influence their creditworthiness.
June 12, 2013 - Newswise
- Steve Cauthen in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Wow is all I can say,Steve Cauthen, who rode Affirmed, said by telephone from Kentucky. "He looks pretty special. It was like a cakewalk for him. The important thing to me is he keeps passing all the tests."
- Barack Obama in USA Today
I come from Chicago politics,Obama said. "We're accustomed to rough and tumble. I don't expect this to be a cakewalk."
- Chris Dodd in Forbes
I don't underestimate the political abilities of the opposition,said Dodd. "Anyone who assumes this is just going to be a cakewalk, I think is mistaken.