- n a town at the southern tip of Illinois at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers
- n the capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa; a major port just to the south of the Nile delta; formerly the home of the Pharaohs
News & Articles
- On Cairo streets, generators' hum sends loud message about Morsi's failings
On a busy street in Cairo, a strip of shops typically selling power tools have been doing brisk business in something a little bigger: generators. On a recent day, there were plenty of potential buyers checking out the shiny machines stacked on the sidewalk.
June 13, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Sunni clerics call for jihad against Assad, allies
CAIRO (Reuters) - Leading Sunni Muslim clerics issued a call to jihad in Syria on Thursday at a meeting in Cairo which condemned the conflict as a "war on Islam" and said believers should use all means to ensure victory. ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Egyptian pilots end protest; 22 flights delayed
CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian pilots working for the national carrier staged a 10-hour sit-in protest on Thursday, delaying 22 flights in an effort to press their demands for management changes and bonus payments.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Zahi Hawass in E Canada Now
I've come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world -- one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect, and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/04/obama-calls-new-beginning-muslim-world/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGwprBVm7FqPjmKCUEJaW3HGMPf_w Jun 4, 2009
14254 19268 cairo Egypt's head of antiquities Zahi Hawass stated The face of Tutankhamun is different from any king in the Cairo museum. With his beautiful teeth, the tourists will see a bit o the smile from the face of the golden boy."