- n an enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals can be kept
- n something that restricts freedom as a cage restricts movement
- n United States composer of avant-garde music (1912-1992)
- n the net that is the goal in ice hockey
- n a movable screen placed behind home base to catch balls during batting practice
- v confine in a cage
The animal was caged
- The cage looks like a dog kennel, but it's bolted onto the posts of a narrow hospital bed.
- A third of the cages were dismantled last year, and the Israeli courts ruled that remaining cages must be cleared away by mid-2008.
- Keepers were not particularly worried because his cage was secured with an elaborate "guillotine" door that opened vertically and was remotely controlled by pneumatic pressure.
News & Articles
- Mujica takes to Cage as easily as new role
Cardinals closer Edward Mujica joined the Edward Jones Chatting Cage from Citi Field before Wednesday's game against the Mets, discussing his career highlights and how it feels to be indispensable to fantasy baseball players.
June 13, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Paul Daley and Ronnie Mann Added to Cage Warriors 57 Line-Up
Long-running U.K. promotion Cage Warriors has secured two Bellator fighters for what looks set to be one of the best English MMA cards of the year. Ronnie Mann and Paul Daley will both be in action at the show, which is set for the Echo Arena in Liverpool on July 20.
June 12, 2013 - MMA Weekly via Yahoo! Sports
- Greg Iles to write more Penn Cage thrillers
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Fans of Greg Iles' Penn Cage books can look forward to several more of the thrillers with the announcement of a new trilogy, the first of which is slated for release in May 2014, the publisher said on Tuesday. "Natchez Burning" will kick off the trilogy in which Cage's father, Dr. Tom Cage, stands accused of killing his former nurse, a death that opens the door to several ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mark McGwire in ABC News
Like I told them, I'll be the first one in the cage and I'll be the last one to leave,McGwire said. "I'm there for them, I'm there to pass on my knowledge."
- Jessica McClure in Forbes
In June, Jessica told NBC that the ordeal "couldn't cage me then, why should it cage me now?"