- n a bitter alkaloid found in coffee and tea that is responsible for their stimulating effects
- Health officials are seeing increases in students' abuse of caffeine and video-game playing.
- Researchers have consistently found that caffeine won't keep you from getting drunk.
- A new spate of drinks that mix alcohol and caffeine, marketed largely to kids, are raising public-health alarms.
News & Articles
- Clandestine caffeine: It's not just energy drinks anymore, it's energy foods
If you were unaware caffeine was creeping into foods until last month, when Wrigley was blasted for putting the stimulant in a new gum, here's the latest buzz.
June 18, 2013 - Herald & Review
- Pre-caffeine tech: Data disclosures, guinea pig armor
Our pre-caffeine roundup is a collection of the hottest, strangest, and most amusing stories of the morning.In case you weren't paying attention: 5 key takeaways from the NSA scandal.How much would it cost the NSA to store all of America's phone calls? Let's find out! Google and Twitter aren't impressed with Facebook's disclosure dump.Six years after the first iPhone launched, Apple has finally ...
June 17, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Caffeine craze triggers probe of effect on kids
Caffeine-infused waffles and maple syrup are being promoted as energizing alternatives to a morning mug of coffee.
June 14, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- John Daly in New York Times
I grew up around this - I'm used to it,Daly said of the heat. "I just light up a cigarette and drink some caffeine and it works."
- Richard Blumenthal in Forbes
Combining alcohol with caffeine hardly seems healthy - and that false claim is what we seek to halt,Blumenthal said.
- Brittany Murphy in Sydney Morning Herald
I have never tried [cocaine] in my entire life, I've never even seen it, and I don't leave the house too much, except to go to work,Murphy said. "My worst vice is caffeine. [The rumour is] really pretty darn far-fetched - it couldn't be...