- n a small unit serving as part of or as the nucleus of a larger political movement
- n a nucleus of military personnel capable of expansion
- Vladimir Ilych Ulyanov, known by his revolutionary nom de guerre, Lenin, inspired a small cadre of Communist intellectuals to agitate amongst the workers and soldiers of Petrograd .
- Within the 25,000-member Nation of Islam, it is useful to remember, he is flanked by a cadre of militant black nationalists who get riled whenever he makes overtures to Jews.
- He joined the CPC in 193811 years before Chairman Mao's peasant army swept into Beijingand remained a committed cadre even after his father, a landowner, was killed by .
News & Articles
- Sony Announces The Order: 1886
The upcoming game from Ready At Dawn and Santa Monica Studios combines 19 th century Victorian London imagery with more than a little steampunk fantasy. The exclusive PlayStation 4 game shows off a cadre of heavily armed warriors as they take a carriage into a fog shrouded London. Stopping in a dark street, the warriors unload and begin to confront what appears to be monstrous creatures ...
June 11, 2013 - Game Informer
- Intellectual pursuits rare today - LETTER TO THE EDITOR: June 9
I firmly believe in the existence of a cadre of individuals who are blessed with a most admirable attribute. The people I speak of, admittedly a minority, are those fortunates who naturally engage in intellectual pursuits in preference to amusements or entertainment.
June 9, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Miss Michigan pageant brings glamor to downtown Muskegon
A cadre of women with the Miss Michigan Scholarship Pageant brought glamor to Downtown Muskegon Saturday afternoon.
June 8, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Willie Hulon in Washington Post
We concur with the spirit of the OIG's three main recommendations and acknowledge our need for continued improvement in order to achieve an optimally integrated and functional analytic cadre,Hulon, the FBI's executive assistant director,...
- David Swann in Calgary Herald
The premier has survived this leadership review, thanks to his ability to motivate his tightly-knit cadre of supporters,Swann said in a statement. "But I'm afraid that this won't help him win back the support of the wider public."