- n the area for food preparation on a ship
- n a car on a freight train for use of the train crew; usually the last car on the train
- In the thousands they came Saturday, alone or as families, bundled against the arctic cold, jumping, waving, and screaming out as the silver train with the blue caboose whizzed by.
- As the caboose passed, they threw rocks and stones.
- A mile back on the caboose was a wire antenna and inside a 50-watt transmitter energized by a generator which the caboose axles operated.
News & Articles
- Historical site offers Railroad Days
A southwestern Wisconsin historical site will offer a special railroad-themed weekend in August. Stonefield will offer Railroad Days on Aug. 17 and Aug. 18. Visitors will get a chance to visit the village's railroad depot, explore a caboose, inspect model trains and visit the "End of the Line" hobo camp, complete with samples of mulligan stew. Tickets cost $9 for adults, $4.50 for children, $7 ...
June 17, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Local business receives Success Award at annual SBDC ceremony
THATCHER — Last month, local business owner Wendy Skinner, from Caboose Frozen Treats, in Thatcher, was honored for her small business success on the House Lawn of the Arizona State Capitol, as nearly
June 15, 2013 - Eastern Arizona Courier
- Pocketful of treasured memories of Dad this Father's Day
My father had deep pockets. Not that he was a wealthy man. Not even close. With seven children, this would have been a highly unlikely prospect. But as the youngest of the brood, as the baby of the bunch, as the smiling caboose at the end of our happy family ...
June 14, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Ian Millar in Globe and Mail
There's always something new to learn about the horses and the sport is evolving,Millar explained. "It's so challenging to be able to stay on the engine of that evolution rather than be in the caboose of it. As the Irish would say 'You...
- Meryl Streep in guardian.co.uk
I think the Academy should move it up to 1 January and pre-empt everybody else. That is the Big Kahuna, it's the one that counts. And I think it's just so bizarre that they allow themselves to be the caboose,Streep added.
- William Delahunt in Yarmouth Register
If we can't expedite that in a way that embraces all the environmental rules and regulations and we don't sacrifice safety and environmental standards, then we are going to be the caboose and not the leader in green technologies of all sorts,...