cabdriver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who drives a taxi for a living
- A raid on an after-hours "blind pig" bar in Detroit, a scuffle between a Newark cabdriver and the police -- these were the flash points 20 years ago as the summer of 1967 erupted .
- Tell that cabdriver to floor it and never look back!" That makes me a bad person.
- The burly cabdriver worked long hours for a nonprofit group in Brooklyn that raised money for the rebels and recruited hundreds of young enthusiasts to join the fight.
News & Articles
- Before Cabby Was Killed, His Dream Came True
After moving to New York from Nigeria about a decade ago, Uro Ama Orji worked long hours as a cabdriver with the goal of bringing his five children to the United States.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- EMT arrested for assaulting cabbie
An EMT worker was arrested in midtown for assaulting a cabdriver early Thursday morning. Police said Vincent Johnson, 42, punched a 50-year-old cabdriver through an open car window while on the corner of Seventh Avenue and West 35th Street shortly before 1 a.m. Johnson was charged with assault 3.
June 13, 2013 - amNewYork
- Walnut Creek: Surveillance photo released of woman suspected in cab robbery
Police on Wednesday released a surveillance picture of a woman suspected of robbing a cabdriver of his fares last week in Walnut Creek.
June 12, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- David Yassky in istockAnalyst.com (press release)
Rather than ignoring a dangerous situation, this New York City cabdriver acted quickly and courageously, helping to possibly save someone's life,said proud TLC Commissioner David Yassky. "He deserves our thanks."
- Adam West in San Jose Mercury News
It's a very bright comedy adventure. In it I'm a cabdriver who's gotten hold of the Batmobile and converted it to a taxi cab - with air conditioning,West said. "I meet up with a young guy who's trying to be a superhero, played by an actor...
- Paul Levitz in New York Times
Dick fell in love with comics as a kid when he had scarlet fever and his cabdriver dad brought them home for him to read during his long recovery,Mr. Levitz wrote.