byrd : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n English organist and composer of church music; master of 16th century polyphony; was granted a monopoly in music printing with Thomas Tallis (1543-1623)
- n explorer and United States naval officer; led expeditions to explore Antarctica (1888-1957)
News & Articles
- Tyrone W. Byrd, 38
Tyrone W. Byrd, 38, of Bridgeton, died suddenly on Tuesday, June 18, 2013.
June 23, 2013 - Daily Journal
- Byrd attorney plans appeal, cites trial delay
LIBERTY — Citing the lack of a speedy trial, Defense attorney Jacob Ray said Thursday he plans to appeal the 20-year sentence Lawrence Byrd received last week in Amite County Circuit Court in the 2011 stabbing death of his neighbor Reginald Alexander.
June 21, 2013 - McComb Enterprise-Journal
- Jonathan Byrd looking to build momentum, as Travelers Championship begins
Coming off his best finish of the season, Byrd will be paired with former teammate Lucas Glover in first two rounds
June 20, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Robert Byrd in Beckley Register-Herald
I told Byrd if you pave every single inch of West Virginia, it's going to be much harder to mine coal,he said, drawing a hearty laugh. "And he told me, 'The Constitution does not prohibit humble servants from delivering whatever they can...
- Mitch McConnell in Xinhua
Byrd combined a devotion to the US Constitution with a deep learning of history to defend the interests of his state and the traditions of the Senate,said McConnell. "We will remember him for his fighter's spirit, his abiding faith, and...