- n acquisition of a company by purchasing a controlling percentage of its stock
- In the first interview since his buyout bid, Ross Johnson defends his sweet deal A Heap of Woe for the Junkman Bond wiz Milken prepares for criminal charges.
- The $30 billion takeover of HCA marks the rise of private-equity firms--and a new buyout wave.
- Four days later, the company's board accepted the buyout offer, agreeing to drop controversial plans for eight of 11 new coal-fired power plants and to support a federal cap on .
News & Articles
- Dole CEO makes buyout bid; values co. at $1.07B
Dole CEO makes buyout bid; values co. at $1.07B Shares of the fresh fruit and vegetable company were trading above the offered price in afternoon trading, suggesting some shareholders expect a higher offer. The company said that its board will be meeting over the next several days to create a special committee of independent directors to assess the bid. In March the company reported a fourth ...
June 13, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Cooper Tire Buyout Briefly Gooses Up Goodyear
Word that Cooper Tire (CTB) has gotten a buyout offer from overseas was lifting Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) Wednesday, but as the session wore on the initial euphoria surrounding the hope for potential consolidation in the group was subsiding. … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - The Exchange via Yahoo! Finance
- Buyout Attracts Enthusiasm, But Will It Change the Industry?
Buyout Attracts Enthusiasm, But Will It Change the Industry?
June 11, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Ramon Calderon in Falmouth Penryn Packet
Calderon said in an interview with Spanish radio station Cadena Ser: "It's not necessarily that he will have to pay the 150 million euros (buyout fee). He would end his contract but the courts will decide what he has to pay."
- Don Garber in 570 News
Marca, a daily newspaper in Spain, quoted Garber as saying: "I understand that the lawyers of David Beckham are working to arrange a possible friendly way out with the white club because we would not be able to pay the buyout clause. We want to have...
- Chris Webber in ESPN
I wish the 76ers organization the best and I thank the fans for their support during my time in Philadelphia,Webber said in a statement. "I appreciate [team owner] Ed Snider and Billy King for their cooperation with the buyout of my...