butternut : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n North American walnut tree having light-brown wood and edible nuts; source of a light-brown dye
- n oily egg-shaped nut of an American tree of the walnut family
- Recipe by Eric Ripert, Le Bernadin, New York City Serves: 4 Ingredients: FOR THE BEANS 3 tablespoons canola oil 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and .
- At Bolo, also in New York City, Bobby Flay features a roasted-butternut-squash soup with toasted almonds and pomegranate molasses, while at Wheatleigh in Lenox, Mass.
- And when all the tomatoes are gone from the big bowl on the kitchen counter, we will have the butternut squash at least I think it is butternut squash growing on a 15 foot vine .
- Alan Carr in The Guardian (blog)
Carr has now hit back, saying he refuses to be "drawn into an argument with someone whose face resembles a butternut squash".
- Eva Mendes in HULIQ (press release)
What I like about this recipe is that Emilio offers the option of using either calabaza or butternut squash,says Mendes, although she's hesitant to use two full cloves of garlic in the recipe - "maybe smaller cloves, and not so much...