buttermilk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n residue from making butter from sour raw milk; or pasteurized milk curdled by adding a culture
- No man can drink that much buttermilk and keep his beard so silky clean.
- They're also found naturally in foods like yogurt, buttermilk, sauerkraut and tofu.
- He believes that because his own gourmandise was so legendary--he used to eat entire bowls of buttermilk dressing with his salads--he can persuade fellow bubbas to exercise and eat .
News & Articles
- Diane St. Clair's Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook
The Animal Farm Buttermilk Cookbook by Diane St. Clair Forget about an apple. A glass of buttermilk a day can cure all sorts of ailments: canker sores, colitis, heat stroke, thrush, parasites, and even excessive sweating. more…
June 19, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Midday Fix: Big Jones chef Paul Fehribach makes fried green tomatoes
Big Jones 5347 N. Clark Street Chicago www.bigjoneschicago.com Fried Green Tomatoes Ingredients: 4 large green tomatoes, cored and sliced 3/8-inch thick 2 cups buttermilk 2 Tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce 1 cup fine grind white cornmeal 1 cup corn starch 2 …
June 18, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Other days
100 YEARS AGO June 18, 1913 BATESVILLE — The lid was clamped on tighter than an old-fashioned fruit jar in Batesville when the City Council passed an ordinance prohibiting the sale of cigars, tobacco, cold drinks or anything except a sandwich, cup of coffee or glass of buttermilk on Sunday.
June 18, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette