- n any of numerous small flat Atlantic food fish having smooth skin
- n small marine fish with a short compressed body and feeble spines
- n slippery scaleless food fish of the northern Atlantic coastal waters
- For omega-3 fatty acids, eat salmon (preferably wild--fresh or frozen--or canned sockeye), sardines, herring, black cod (sablefish, butterfish), omega-3 fortified eggs, hempseeds .
- And I like my tasty butterfish.
- Pattie, Kent, Shoen and myself worked out the lines "I like my tasty butterfish, when I come home from work at night, I get my favorite dishfish!".