butte : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hill that rises abruptly from the surrounding region; has a flat top and sloping sides
- n a town in southwestern Montana; center for mining copper
- On a butte above New Mexico's Leandro Canyon last week, chilled ob servers fell silent as a voice on the public-address system reached the end of the countdown.
- Residents of la butte (the hill) are fiercely proud of their village perched atop the city's highest peak.
- Doug Church in FOXNews
We don't know the reason for the requested change to the flight plan,Church said. "We don't know whether weather was a factor in Bozeman. There was no apparent reason given for the change in flight plan from Bozeman to Butte."
- Brian Schweitzer in MiamiHerald.com
And I said, 'I want you to listen, I want you to listen close: I'll call you when you're done counting. Now do you understand it?'Schweitzer told the crowd, according to the recording. "And she's from Butte, she understood exactly."
- Brandi Carlile in Salt Lake Tribune
I'm already a fan of Red Butte Garden,Carlile said in an interview. "I opened for the Indigo Girls there."