- n a gaseous hydrocarbon C4H6; used in making synthetic rubbers
- And getting a butadiene plant into peak production may easily take six months, with each new production kink a complex problem that may shut the entire plant for days.
- Even by the end of the year, when all petroleum butadiene plants will presumably be in production, alcohol will still furnish half the butadiene.
- But petroleum-butadiene plants need around 300 tons of steel and 89 units of compressor horsepower per 1,000 tons of butadiene capacity; alcohol-butadiene plants need about the .
- Dhirubhai Ambani in European Plastics News
He said: "Reliance is the largest player in the synthetic rubber business in India. We want to build on this leadership to become one of the top ten elastomer companies in the world. Reliance will create additional capacities of poly butadiene...
- George Knox in Bloomberg
Childhood cancers are strongly determined by prenatal or early postnatal exposures to oil-based combustion gases, especially from engine exhausts,Knox said in his study. "1,3- butadiene, a known carcinogen, may be directly causal."