- n a person engaged in commercial or industrial business (especially an owner or executive)
- When the Bari businessman laughs, D'Addario swears that those were the Prime Minister's words.
- Someone I know, on hearing of this archetypal businessman, wondered, "What did he do the other seven minutes?" Pornography is big business: an industry that earns an estimated $57 .
- To his varied distinctions as an out-of-the-ordinary businessman, Eric Johnston last week added another.
- Richard Murray in BBC News
Murray added: "We all know that Simon is a good businessman. I am sure if the reasons Iain was leaving for his family to go up north, he would have put that in the contract. If he did not, then maybe Simon has not had the best advice. What amazes me...
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
McCain joked that Democrats had already begun attacking Joe the Plumber, the Ohio man whom he referred to in Wednesday night's debate, and claimed "that this honest, hardworking small businessman could not possibly have enough income to face a tax...
- Larry King in Los Angeles Times
An amazing fellow, a terrific broadcast talent, a brilliant businessman. An all-around good guy,CNN's Larry King added about his longtime friend and frequent guest.