- n a city in northwestern Turkey
- n a small fluid-filled sac located between movable parts of the body especially at joints
- During training camp staph infected a bursa sac, which acts as a cushion between bones, in Manning's left knee.
- Somewhat like a small collapsed balloon, the bursa has lax walls and a slick lubricated interior surface that equips it to absorb friction.
- The other type of lymphocyte, the B-cell, undergoes differentiation, in chickens, at least, in an organ called the bursa of Fabricius.
- Tony Dungy in CNN
Santi has a bursa sac infection too although his didn't get quite the national attention Peyton's did,Dungy joked. "My biggest concern is that we don't take things for granted. I think if we focus in, our talent level will be good enough...
- Shaun Micheel in commercialappeal.com (subscription)
Micheel said Andrews also removed some "bone out of my shoulder and he took off this thing called a bursa, which was thick, and it's not supposed to be."
- Carlos Ghosn in Wall Street Journal
I confirmed to the French President that we will produce the Clio 4 in Flins, with a double sourcing in Bursa, Turkey,said Mr. Ghosn.