- n porridge made of rolled oats
- n a gathering at which burgoo stew is served
- n thick spicy stew of whatever meat and whatever vegetables are available; southern United States
- The Sterns' nation is one with at least a few places still serving the Kentucky burgoo (thick stew) Kurlansky dug up in those WPA files, as well as South Carolina perloo (meat-and .
- Cincinnati felt comfortably full last week with some 5,000 of the 800,000 on handmarching, singing, trapshooting, eating "burgoo" (Kentucky stew), watching fireworks.
News & Articles
- A secret to the Arenzville burgoo? Tony Thomas won't tell you
If there is a secret to the village of Arenzville’s burgoo, Tony Thomas knows it. Is it paprika? The quality of the meat used in the soup? A certain blend of spices? Is there something to that timewor
Aug. 19, 2013 - Jacksonville Journal-Courier