- n entering a building unlawfully with intent to commit a felony or to steal valuable property
- Denver's burglary binge was stunning.
- Stealing art is a branch of burglary suitable only to the most skilled criminal, who can recognize the best work, lift it without damage, andhardest of alldispose of it .
- Ehrlichman denied authorizing the burglary but admitted approving a memo from Krogh and Young suggesting that "a covert operation be undertaken to examine all the medical files .
- Ronnie Earle in USA Today
What this means is if a judge had contributed to Crime Stoppers that judge could not hear a burglary case,said Earle. "Carried to its extreme, that is what I think this motion means and I think that's absurd."
- Alan Johnson in Sky News
Home Secretary Alan Johnson said: "The latest crime statistics are encouraging. Since 1997, overall crime has fallen by 36% - a total of six million fewer crimes. Violence is down by 41% and domestic burglary down by 54%."
- Barack Obama in Daily Kos (blog)
There was a report called into the police station that there might be a burglary taking place - so far so good,Obama said, adding that he'd hope the police were called if he were seen breaking into his own house.