- n colloquial American term for a town
I've lived in this burg all my life
- If your burg's on the skids, places like Reno are beckoning: Health Kick Why one industry always has more good jobs than it can fill: Free-Lance Nation.
- Pittsburgh's finances were so awful that it became a virtual ward of the state in 2003.
- After a deafening roar shook Louisville in mid-April, the basketball-crazy burg is back to a low hum.
- Adam Gilchrist in Sydney Morning Herald
I did joke with Ricky before the game, saying that he batted in Jo'burg in the first Test against South Africa and that wicket had branches growing off it, so I didn't think he would bowl first on any wicket in the world and it was proved again... Mike Hussey http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hussey&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHDyFJK2VbUnNRUYWtgr5fD-PPbTg Sydney Morning Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/battered-ponting-defends-decision-20100103-lnek.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHySyY1xJ1HCjoaSjo6SrlXseSk5Q Jan 3, 2010
13680 18455 burg He got 90 off [55 balls] in that chase in Jo'burg, so he gives them some tremendous momentum at the top of the order," Gilchrist said of Smith. "We had a really good stranglehold on him in Australia and even in South Africa in the main part...
- Shanthakumaran Sreesanth in Indiatimes
Talking about his good memories of South African series, Sreesanth said, "I can still recall the Jo'burg Test. We won a Test for the first time on South African soil. That spell is still fresh in my mind. Actually, it's a great challenge to bowl...