buoy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bright-colored; a float attached by rope to the seabed to mark channels in a harbor or underwater hazards
- v float on the surface of water
- v keep afloat
The life vest buoyed him up
- v mark with a buoy
- And that will likely buoy the mood at next month's Summit of the Americas in Trinidad, the hemispheric coming-out party for Obama.
- And his statement may well buoy the flagging global momentum on climate change.
- At Landfall Navigation you'll find nautical charts and other supplies for sailors, plus quirky gizmos like the $7 key buoy from Davis Instruments.
News & Articles
- Tuna bite offshore, red drum bite in surf
Lou Sivla of Carneys Point, N.J., holds a nice sized cobia caught at buoy 16 off of Kiptopeke. Cobia are biting cut bunker at buoys 16 and 13. / Submitted image
June 15, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Sharks arrive on Cape Cod for a Summer retreat
Unfortunately those regular snowbirds now include Carcharodon carcharius , the great white shark. A 13-foot female shark, tagged in 2011 with an electronic tag, “pinged” an acoustic buoy off Monomoy Island last week, indicating it was back in the local waters.
June 14, 2013 - The Cape Codder
- Buoy camera catches waves and sunsets on Lake Michigan
The weather buoy is off Port Sheldon; video camera is a new addition
June 11, 2013 - The Holland Sentinel
- Michelle Malkin in WJACtv.com
Republican blogger Michelle Malkin wrote on Wednesday, "Ifill and her publisher are banking on an Obama/Biden win to buoy her book sales. The moderator expected to treat both sides fairly has grandiosely declared this the 'Age of Obama.' Can you...
- Jackie Kelly in Bendigo Advertiser
I think it's going to buoy a few of the weak-kneed, but I've always had huge confidence in John Howard to really bring the Australian people with us on this one,Ms Kelly told reporters.
- Jon S Corzine in USA Today
A strong tourism industry is vital to economic growth in New Jersey,Gov. Jon Corzine said. "These positive results demonstrate the ability of tourism to buoy the state's economy by providing good jobs and improving business opportunities...