bunker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hazard on a golf course
- n a large container for storing fuel
the ship's bunkers were full of coal
- n a fortification of earth; mostly or entirely below ground
- v hit a golf ball into a bunker
- v fill (a ship's bunker) with coal or oil
- v transfer cargo from a ship to a warehouse
- Some time after lunch that day, Hitler and his wife of one day, Eva Braun, retired to their suite in the Fhrer's underground bunker to take their lives.
- It was also a tragedy: the bunker was filled with Iraqi civilians who had taken refuge there from nighttime raids on the capital.
- According to a top Israeli intelligence official, the Pentagon in 2002 offered to supply Israel with bunker-buster bombs capable of punching deep into an enemy's underground .
News & Articles
- Bunker Fuel Prices See Minor Mixed Shifts
Spot prices for high and low sulfur bunker fuel experienced slight movement this week, with high sulfur inching up and low sulfur edging down in the week of June 7, according to daily Bunkervision price data via international marine fuel oil broker LQM Petroleum Services.
June 11, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- How to gain strength for bunkers
If you want to hit it out of the bunker with control like Bob Krause, then you need to have stability in your legs especially the inside and outside of your thighs.
June 11, 2013 - ClickOnDetroit
- Bunker brings new blood to men's member/guest tourney
Fresh new faces were enticed to the greens at Brush's Bunker Hill golf course over the weekend of June 1-2 during the club's annual Men's Member/Guest golf tournament that had club members invite a non-member to participate.
June 10, 2013 - The Fort Morgan Times
- Michelle Wie in International Herald Tribune
It was frustrating,Wie said. "My body would not do what my mind was telling it to do. I felt a little out of whack today. I didn't feel like my normal self, but I can still take some positives from today. I hit a great bunker shot - a...
- Mike Huckabee in Guardian Unlimited
American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out,Huckabee said. "The Bush administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. My administration will recognize that...
- Scott Verplank in The Associated Press
If you're in that bunker, you're not seeing much, you're just seeing the rescue,Verplank said.