bumper : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a glass filled to the brim (especially as a toast)
we quaffed a bumper of ale
- n a mechanical device consisting of bars at either end of a vehicle to absorb shock and prevent serious damage
- Saturday morning, Sunday evening, weekday afternoon, the panorama is the same: cars, bumper to bumper.
- For the American on wheels, the car bumper has now become a billboard.
- Tired of seeing their state overrun by outsiders, members of the Colorado Native Society (membership requirement: a Colorado birth certificate) took to the road with bumper .
News & Articles
- Answer Man: When will Victoria Road be repaved?
Bumper sticker seen a few days ago. / John Boyle/ email@example.com Saw a great bumper sticker downtown the other day: “Will write for food.” I actually had to snap a photo and post it on Facebook, as I feel like I’ve been doing exactly this for 20-plus years.
June 17, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- LittleBigPlanet Update: The Summer Special Edition
This bumper edition of the LittleBigPlanet Update is jam-packed full of new release announcements and some great news for PlayStation Plus subscribers with just enough room to squeeze in another dose of our community’s boundless creativity in the latest Team Picks!
June 17, 2013 - PlayStation Blog
- Draco One Aluminum HTC One Bumper review
I recently converted from an iPhone 4S to the HTC One, and with any new phone comes the joy of looking for a new case. Julie offered the Draco One Aluminum Bumper by Draco Design to review so I asked to give it a try. Just a note: This is my first time using an aluminum [...]
June 16, 2013 - The Gadgeteer
- Jeff Gordon in Sportsbook Gurus
I'm starting to get used to the fact that every race we go to is basically bumper cars at 190 mph,Gordon said. "When it comes down to the end, you pretty much know that it's not going to end like that, that you're going to have cautions...
- Carl Edwards in Kansas City Star
The way this works is the way a real smart racer explained it to me after he wrecked me, and I was real mad,Edwards said. "He said, 'I just had to look at your rear bumper and decide, would you do this to me? And you had before, so it was...
- Brendan Barber in WalesOnline
Green shoots mean little when thousands of people a day are joining the dole queue,said Mr Barber. "Bumper bonuses are an obscene joke when it was our money that rescued the banks and it is our public services that are now being told they...