- n a place on a baseball field where relief pitchers can warm up during a game
- n a large cell where prisoners (people awaiting trial or sentence or refugees or illegal immigrants) are confined together temporarily
- If the Bloomberg administration's symbol is the bullpen where the mayor manages, the Schwarzenegger administration's symbol is the smoking tent outside the state capitol where the .
- This woman says that as she left the bullpen Cone told her, "You're a big baby.
- By the custom of the relief pitcher's craft, he should have emerged from the bullpen with stoic mien and plodded his way to the mound like a tired Atlas about to shoulder the .
News & Articles
- Not much bullpen change with Cueller in charge
Rick Stelmaszek ran the Twins' bullpen for over 30 years. The operation hasn't changed much with Bobby Cuellar.
June 20, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Bullpen, base-running problems cost Royals in 4-3 loss to Indians
A rare bullpen hiccup and a base-running blunder Tuesday kept Kansas City from climbing above .500 and instead dumped them back into third place in the American League Central Division as the Royals lost 4-3 to the Indians on Tuesday night in Cleveland.
June 19, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Bullpen saving day for Freedom
The Florence Freedom have had five starting pitchers start at least three games this season and only two of them have an ERA under 4.71, but the Freedom have forged a 15-12 record anyway thanks in large part to the bullpen.
June 19, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Roy Halladay in Sportinglife.com
Early in my (warm-up) bullpen, I felt like I was hitting spots more than I have been, and I just carried that over,Halladay told mlb.com.
- Joe Girardi in Washington Post
This is the type of series we expected it to be,Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "We didn't really stretch out any of our pitchers too far today out of the bullpen, so I believe our guys will be fine (Tuesday)."
- Cole Hamels in International Herald Tribune
Because I can't throw in a live game, I just throw in the bullpen. And it's just the focus that you have to have,said Hamels, sporting boyishly long dark hair. "When I go out to my bullpen, I do try to visualize that there's a hitter out...