bullhorn : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a portable loudspeaker with built-in microphone and amplifier
- Then he picked up the bullhorn again and approached another crowd of extras covered like ghosts in thick white limestone powder.
- Some students need nothing short of a bullhorn blaring in their face in order to wake up; others might appreciate a more subtle approach.
- I'd add the bracing moment of Bush with the bullhorn in the ruins of the World Trade Center, but that was neutered in my memory by his ridiculous, preening appearance in a flight .
News & Articles
- 'American Idiot' Musical Exuberant But Lacks Depth
The porcupine-haired punk named Johnny, an exclamation point incarnate, sounded as if he had a bullhorn for a larynx as he voiced the question of the evening. "Are we gonna waste our lives?" he boomed in a tone that suggested he was attempting to wake
June 12, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Urban Assault rallies spirit of downtown after fire
GLENS FALLS -- Paul Bricoccoli clutched his bullhorn Saturday afternoon only minutes before the second annual Glens Falls Urban Assault was to begin.
June 9, 2013 - The Post-Star
- Ralph Nader in Alameda Times-Star
Peter was expelled from Berkeley for unauthorized use of a bullhorn,Camejo's former running mate Ralph Nader said, to the laughter and applause of a 400-person crowd in the International House auditorium on the UC Berkeley campus.
- Cleve Jones in New York Times
Everyone knows that this is the bullhorn that Harvey Milk used, but it is also the single most-cherished personal memento of my youth,said Mr. Jones, who noted that he used it for rallies before and after Mr. Milk's death, often blaring its...
- Lady Bird Johnson in International Herald Tribune
Last night, however, the president spoke for his administration, not for the nation. No bullhorn, only the bully pulpit of his office, which he used to defend an unpopular war in Iraq and to launch clumsily disguised barbs at those who disagree... Harry Reid http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Reid&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGP_5PNs1MQ0kTh3aND3oL4AP8hsA Arizona Daily Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/146443&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGOHBdy5phajbzhwh0G2MKDdZkBRw Sep 13, 2006
13462 147711 bullied Lady Bird Johnson said her husband bullied, shoved, pushed and loved me into being more outgoing, more of an achiever. I gave him comfort, tenderness and some judgment - at least I think I did."