- n a disorder of eating seen among young women who go on eating binges and then feel guilt and depression and self-condemnation
- n pathologically insatiable hunger (especially when caused by brain lesions)
- AUGUST 3, 1992 SPECIAL REPORT: PRINCESS DIANA, 1961-1997 Di's Private Battle The Princess' struggle with bulimia brings a puzzling disease out of the shadows.
- In a series of meetings there, Palestrant rattled off his ideas--an outpouring he likened to "intellectual bulimia"--while Elizabeth Pastor and Garry VanPatter, the team behind the .
- Nobody knows for certain how many of the estimated 11 million Americans suffering from anorexia or bulimia visit those websites.
News & Articles
- Anorexia, Bulimia Linked to Disturbance in Brain Region
Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa are among the deadliest of psychiatric disorders, with few proven effective treatments. The insidious disorders are characterized by extreme eating behavior and distorted body image and often occur during adolescence and young adulthood. A new study from the University of California – San Diego suggests that the altered function of [...]
June 13, 2013 - Psych Central
- The Weiner Eclipse: In Crowded Field, He Who Cannot Be Named Is the Only One Who Can Be Named
Illustration by David Chelsea John Liu’s campaign finance fraud issues. Christine Quinn’s revelations of bulimia as a young woman and a stint in rehab. Bill de Blasio’s wife coming out as a lesbian in a previous life, and a white candidate maybe possibly calling a black one an “environmental racist.” And yet there is only one candidate among them who is widely recognized—and he wears gray boxer ...
June 12, 2013 - The New York Observer
- One mom's fight against bulimia, suicide
After losing her daughter to bulimia and suicide, Suzi Heim is working to save others. She organized a walk to benefit the National Eating Disorder Association that will be held this Saturday.
June 11, 2013 - KSHB-TV Kansas City
- John Prescott in This is London
Mr Prescott said: "Now I've come out about my bulimia, I hope I might do something to help the many young women - and others - who suffer from it. I hope that it will encourage people to come out and discuss these matters and not suffer in silence."
- Thandie Newton in Eurweb.com
Newton said she suffered from "horrible bulimia for about a year," and still has "the scars on my knuckles from where I put my fingers down my throat."
- Jerome Groopman in Washington Post
The woman "was fitted into the single frame of bulimia and anorexia nervosa from the age of twenty," writes Groopman. "It was easily understandable that each of her doctors received her case within that one frame. All the data fit neatly...