builder : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance added to soaps or detergents to increase their cleansing action
- n a person who creates a business or who organizes and develops a country
- n someone who contracts for and supervises construction (as of a building)
- Ren founded Huawei in 1988, and it became a top builder of the Chinese army's communication networks.
- Mammoth, blue-chip IBM employed thousands of capable software builders, and didn't trust a single one of them; IBM hired Microsoft to build its operating system.
- That insight enabled him, and the many builders who copied him, to put up houses fast and cheap.
News & Articles
- Builder of New Homes in Orange County NY Discusses Factors That Are Selling Homes
Brian Rosen, the builder of the new townhomes at Highrose Ridge, discusses reports that construction permits and builder confidence have helped foster conditions for the housing recovery. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/townhomes/highroseridge/prweb10847150.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Home builder losses steepen during Fed presser
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Exchange-traded funds of home-builder-related stocks steepened Wednesday as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke at a press conference. Down about 0.7% ahead of the decision, the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund was recently down about 2.3%. Meanwhile, the SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF [xhb] was down about 0.5% ahead of the announcement, and was ...
June 19, 2013 - Market Watch
- Builder Confidence Hits Major Milestone in June
Builder confidence in the market for newly-built single-family homes hit a significant milestone in June, surging eight points to a reading of 52 on the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index released today.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ban Ki-moon in USA Today
I will seek to act as a harmonizer and bridge-builder,Ban said. "And I hope to become known ...... as a secretary-general who is accessible, hardworking, and prepared to listen attentively."
- Sean Combs in Washington Post
I understand that, but that's not an excuse. For us, we kind of feel like, in the engine shop that's kind of a badge of honor. You win that engine dyno, good for you. That's kind of how we felt in the past few years and (chief engine builder) Mark... Joe Gibbs http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gibbs&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGXbel4iB-JvU_MDpxbrJkGBaUdng WBT http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.wbt.com/news/details.cfm%3Fap_id%3DD92K60J00&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUQrXO5nnhMqd4IeAFAieqOjAbQA Aug 17, 2008
13367 18158 builder Combs said he wanted to work with Diageo because the company understood that I'm not just a celebrity endorser, I'm a brand builder. I'm a luxury brand builder."