- n a member of the genus Fagopyrum; annual Asian plant with clusters of small pinkish white flowers and small edible triangular seeds which are used whole or ground into flour
- n grain ground into flour
- I trust that a sufficient number of Senators who have not been seduced to political apostasy by the family sap bucket, or gorged into stupefaction by buckwheat cakes and Vermont .
- The Committee might have ordered Farmer Dennis to plow in his buckwheat while it was green.
- Next up: buckwheat waffles with Sterling caviar.
News & Articles
- Buckwheat Zydeco returns to the Magic Bag on Tuesday, July 16
The King of Zydeco, Buckwheat Zydeco, returns to the Magic Bag on Tuesday, July 16 for a stompin’ night of high energy tunes.
June 18, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Gluten-free buckwheat goes against the grain
Gluten-free buckwheat is packed with nutrients.
June 18, 2013 - Washington Post
- Jonathan Gold | L.A. restaurant review: Trois Mec is a coveted ticket to cutting edge
Protip: You can tell a lot about a dude from the way he eats buckwheat "popcorn," the crunchy fried grain that tends to show up before the meal at Trois Mec, the new restaurant from Ludovic Lefebvre. The more primitive members of the species worm their fingers into the tiny cup like apes hunting for grubs in a rotten log, scooping out a grain or two and licking them off of their salty fingertips ...
June 14, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Marcus Samuelsson in New York Observer
I didn't have food allergies growing up, but as an adult I developed an allergy to buckwheat so I can't have soba or blinis or anything like that,said Mr. Samuelsson, who was accompanied by his over-six-foot-tall model girlfriend, Maya...
- Johnny Damon in Boston Globe
We have different hairstyles here,Damon said. "We have Manny [Ramirez] with the lion look. We also have Pokey [Reese], who came on the plane the other day with the Buckwheat look going."