- n the condition of being treated in a cruel and savage manner
- n the activity of treating someone savagely or viciously
- n an act that makes people cruel or lacking normal human qualities
- Manmohan Singh in Indian Express
Singh, however, warned that the fight against terror "should not result in the brutalisation of our society."
- Afrasiab Khattak in Daily Times
Big powers inducted brutalisation [as] the US trained young brains about jihad,said Khattak -- who was part of a government delegation negotiating peace with the Swat-based Taliban on Tuesday.
- Jaroslaw Kaczynski in Independent Online
An example of the brutalisation of Polish public life is the billboard of the (post-communist) Democratic Left Alliance announcing duck-hunting season,Kaczynski told reporters while feeding ducks in the park's pond.