broth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered; used as a basis for e.g. soups or sauces
- n a thin soup of meat or fish or vegetable stock
- Worse, they were running out of the fermentation broth to make the cream.
- An ancient Greek doctor named Paul of Aegina treated patients for arthritis by stewing them in wolf broth.
- Strain the broth into a saucepan, pressing down on the vegetables with a ladle to extract all the juices.
News & Articles
- Lengthy council debate ends in expansion of Gateway Building catering
The Gateway Building on the Peoria riverfront. PEORIA — Too many caterers apparently can’t spoil the broth, or anything else, at the Gateway Building.
June 12, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Top 5: Menus to try for Ann Arbor Restaurant Week
Pan fried walleye with hand-pressed onion broth, shallot, brandade, and apple at Vellum.Daniel Brenner I AnnArbor.com Today marks the launch of Ann Arbor’s Restaurant Week, and with 56 participating restaurants offering fixed price menus through Friday night, the choices...
June 9, 2013 - AnnArbor.com
- Zaheer Abbas in AFP
Too many coaches are spoiling the broth,Abbas said.
- Michael Chiarello in Reuters
Even as early as 1976, when the two NASA space probes, Viking 1 and Viking 2, landed on Mars, experiments carried out in situ pointed strongly to the existence of active microbial life. In one experiment nutrient broth was poured onto a sample of... Chandra Wickramasinghe http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Wickramasinghe&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFskxoBxuKGWL3zyDgdF7Gsx8NFOg NDTV.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx%3Fid%3DNEWEN20080060938&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFv9xLjq2gqDnMbcB0xEtq88mgkcQ Aug 10, 2008
13026 17724 broth I am a big advocate for using broth to ramp up the flavor and depth of your dishes, but it can't be just any broth. It has to have great flavor," says Chiarello. "Progresso is my choice for rich flavor -- the kind of flavor that will take...