- My mother--well, let's just say that when she comes to visit, the kids hide the broomstick and the big cooking pot.
- Rowling plans to spend Halloween at home in Scotland with her daughter Jessica, 7, who wants to dress as the broomstick-riding hero.
- The movie has its moments, like Lila's ring tone (the Wicked Witch broomstick theme from The Wizard of Oz), and Corddry's exasperated description of his secret for a happy marriage .
News & Articles
- Column: USGA, R&A likely to prevail in putter squabble
The Broomstick War might end before the first shot.
June 24, 2013 - Herald & Review
- LA deputies say man spears, kills family dog, cat
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies say a man made a spear from a broomstick and kitchen knife, killed the family dog and set it ablaze, then used the spear and an arrow to kill the family cat.
June 20, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- UPDATE: Castaic Man arrested for allegedly spearing his dog and cat
A 23-year-old Castaic man who fashioned a spear out of a broomstick and knife killed his family’s dog and cat with the weapon, then lit the dog’s body on fire, sheriff’s officials said Thursday.
June 20, 2013 - The Signal
- Sienna Miller in Monsters and Critics.com
Sienna said: "My housemate Rhys bought me a broomstick because he thinks I'm a witch. It's a cute little white one. I love it!"
- Rupert Grint in MSN India
Grint, who stars as Ron Weasley in the movie, said: "You sit on a broomstick for hours and it starts to hurt. It gives you a numb bum."
- Les Paul in Times Online
Paul said: "The electric guitar was laughed at. They called me the character with the broomstick with pick-ups on it. It was terrible. Before we came along the guitar was an apologetic wimp - the weakest, most unimportant guy in the band. As soon as...