- n tall grasses grown for the elongated stiff-branched panicle used for brooms and brushes
- It was broomcorn, the dry, tasteless straw from which 45 million brooms a year are made.
- Six years ago, its forefathers appeared on the American continent, probably arriving in a shipment of broomcorn from southeastern Europe to a Canadian broom factory.
- From that I graduated to a job, pulling broomcorn for 50 a day and board, grateful to get even that (last decade of the 19th Century).
News & Articles
- Budweiser Clydesdales to appear in Mattoon, Arcola
MATTOON (JG-TC) — The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales are scheduled to make several appearances in the area Sept. 6-8 including the Arcola Broomcorn Festival and Mattoon’s Peterson Park.
Sept. 5, 2013 - Journal Gazette & Times-Courier