- n a nonmetallic heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens; found in sea water
- The world is short of bromine, Is this important? Yes, if photography, especially moving pictures, are important.
- After long investigation, curious dentists found that the mottling was caused by fluorine (a relative of iodine, chlorine, bromine) in the town's new water supply.
- In this category are bromine, phosgene (carbonyl chloride), chlorine and cyanogen compounds.
- Mike Huckabee in Arkansas News
This significant investment in the highly competitive bromine industry is a vote of confident for the people of south Arkansas and their hard work,Huckabee said.