- n any of the salts of hydrobromic acid; formerly used as a sedative but now generally replaced by safer drugs
- n a trite or obvious remark
- So many people are taking bromides on their own account, so many doctors are prescribing bromides for their nervous patients, that bromide intoxication has become comparatively .
- So what future awaits "spread the wealth," a similar bromide uttered by Barack Obama to Joe the Plumber at a rally in Ohio? The history of this expression can also be traced to a .
- But the silver bromide outside the latent image remains soluble.
- Sue Kedgley in Stuff.co.nz
I am now convinced that this case will generate debate not only about the constitutionality of the three-drug protocol, and specifically about the justification for the use of the paralytic agent, pancuronium bromide, but also about the... John Paul Stevens http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Stevens&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGTCC74z_WMZ-r3o02FeHXkQyZApQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/16/america/Scotus-Lethal-Injection.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOrQUCuZgRSv4aPSGci1lhgpMjag Apr 16, 2008
12970 17626 bromide It should be calling for a phase out of methyl bromide and an immediate use of recapture technology," Ms Kedgley said.
- Mark Leno in OneWorld.net
I am delighted that Indianapolis, Indiana-based Dow AgroSciences has been recognized for their continued leadership in developing technical and economically feasible alternatives to methyl bromide in accordance with this important international... Richard Lugar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Lugar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGQzjYZZsUXxUOC24GJq1SOkkuj2A CNNMoney.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/CLF01921092007-1.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEnr79-1BXNhloYgcpTBk_vtV3sRw Sep 21, 2007
12972 17629 bromine We felt we did rather well," said Leno, "considering many millions of dollars were spent by the bromine chemical industry dressing themselves up as 'Californians for Fire Safety' with a multimedia campaign that included full page, full color...