- n the fur of a very young karakul lamb
- n hardy coarse-haired sheep of central Asia; lambs are valued for their soft curly black fur
- Furrier Jacques Kaplan favors mink and broadtail shorts, priced up to $200, which are perfectly at home in his zebra-walled living room (see color picture).
- The black broadtail stripes are individually cut and hand-sewn into the white lamb, all for $2,700.
- Back out in the store, two teenage girls are carefully sizing up a pair of jeans with broadtail patch pockets.
News & Articles
- Dennis Basso Talks Fashion Week 2014, New NYC Flagship
Dennis Basso's F/W 2014 collection, a striking lineup influenced by great contemporary American artists, seemed to shove minimalism out the door. Hand painted duchess satin, metallic tweeds, sequins and chiffon provided the backdrop for Basso's exquisite furs. Sable, chinchilla, broadtail and fox were often dyed in vivid colors to match extensively-embroidered gowns. A bordeaux tulle gown with a ...
Feb. 21, 2014 - Forbes